Insurance for Rideshare Drivers in Ontario
Finally – Insurance for Rideshare Drivers in Ontario!
For anyone who participates in a ride sharing program (UBER, for example) Aviva is offering an auto endorsement that can be added to a current Aviva insured auto policy that will “…protect ride-sharing drivers from the moment they initiate looking for passengers through to collecting and dropping off those passengers.” You can read more about what Aviva offers on their website, found here
There are a few key eligibility requirements:
- Participate in ride sharing no more than 20 hours per week.
- Licensed for a minimum of 6 years in Canada/US
- Automobile cannot seat more than 8 people
- No commercial or business use other than carrying paying passengers
- Automobile is not plated for tax, limo or public transportation
If you are thinking of becoming a ride-share driver and wanted to know more about getting the proper coverage, call our brokerage today and we can help you make an informed decision.